Friday, September 16, 2011

Creepy Generation

I finally live with a TV after a very long period of time. These days, I turn on my TV for music, since I haven't bought any music player at home (my room is pretty empty since I have not lived here for a very long time).

Yesterday, the songs I heard on KIIS FM in LA was showing on TV. Excited for some bits of good LA memory, I went to sit in front of the TV. The first was Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go", which I found rather vulgar and weird - totally one of the humans-turning-into-robots kind of era. I mean, I watched Terminator before, which is very futuristic as well, but it wasn't even the least bit of Britney Spears' kind of weird. And of course, I haven't closely watched her ever since her debut, so I was surprised when her face looked like it had gone under the knife.

Then, Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" came up. That was even weirder. It was so creepy that I had to turn it off half way. May I even say that it's rather satanic? I wasn't sure if it was me that was uncomfortable with those kind of creepiness, or if I'd been too far removed from the media industry that I no longer see the norm.

I wonder if this generation is turning creepy like that? Or is this an argument of acceptance in the midst of all these creepy things going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment