Sunday, September 18, 2011

Came to Practice

I feel like a true psychologist now that I am in Jakarta living under the same roof as my family.

I feel upset with how things are and though I may have the answers, I can't change them. I feel upset living amongst the dysfunctions of those around me while I try to keep myself a step away so I can stay level-headed without getting dragged into the mess. I make sure my third eye is constantly awake so I know what is actually going on, rather than just reading the current happenings. I practice patience when I point out certain parts that can be improved yet these people practice avoidance by changing topics.

There are times I feel hurt, unheard, and tired. Yet I try to remain professional so I don't get affected while doing other tasks in life that need to be done. It is difficult, because after all, it is my own family that I'm talking about here, so the dysfunctions affect my lifestyle, and it occurs every moment of everyday. It is unlike dealing with a single patient one hour once a week. It is more like working with a patient almost 18 hours everyday. After a while, I learn to make sure I have enough private time to recuperate from the constant dysfunctions. I learn to pray even more.

What I learned in school, ironically, came to the greatest use when I get back home. This will help me get through life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment