Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Words of Encouragement

I remembered last year, I was bogged down with so many activities that life required of me. I was juggling 2 schools, research/dissertation proposal, practicum, and of course, other things in life.

Life was so busy that my apartment was a mess, and I was in an extreme stress that I thought I was borderline depressed. I was missing my lunch almost everyday, lacking sleep even during the weekends, and work was piling up no matter how much I buried myself in work.

A dear friend from school who was doing his practicum together with me at the same site, said this to me, "You can do it, Karlin. If there's anyone who can go through this, I would think it will be you".

Those simple words gave me an enormous strength to finish well. I'm not saying that I will do that all over again, after all, that was not a wise decision to be filling up my life with so many activities at one go. But the words of encouragement from a friend who understands what you are going through, and words of encouragement that came at a time of need, is more precious than gold.

So dear friend, thank you. I hope to be that friend to someone else who needs words of encouragement. Let's all practice speaking blessings to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment