Saturday, March 12, 2011

Samson and Delilah

Listening to Regina Spektor's song made me wonder, what was the relationship between Samson and Delilah? Had it been one-sided all along? Was Samson really the sole victim in the Bible story that we read?

This made me realize that whenever I heard this, I would start blaming: blaming Samson for his weak-heartedness and blindness towards beauty, and blaming Delilah for being unfaithful and manipulative towards Samson.

But now I wonder if Delilah ever loved Samson, if she once and again tried taking his power away for a reason. I wonder if she was threatened, or was afraid, and was unable to tell Samson what went through her mind. I wonder if every night when she asked Samson the question about his power, she wished that he would once again lie to her, and would be relieved every morning when she found out that he had lied. And I wonder if she was heart-broken when Samson finally gave her the true answer behind his power. I wonder how the conversation between them went? I wonder what happened to her when Samson died?

No comments:

Post a Comment