Monday, January 24, 2011

Intuition

I realized that I am a pretty intuitive person. There are times when I cannot really explain the logic behind why I think something is going to go wrong, or when I meet someone and I feel that something is different about him or her. Often, I disregarded this nudging feeling, because after all, it's not good to judge without supporting facts, right?

Wrong. I have learned my lesson. I have learned that it is not about judging. It is about intuition, or gut feeling. Perhaps we are all equipped with this radar that we often disregard because we are so scientific-minded. I'm not saying that it is not good. I'm a scientist-in-process myself, and I believe the importance or empirical evidence. But there are just times, when something is nudging my heart, and I have regretted so many times for not listening to it.

I want to learn to be more sensitive to that nudges. I want to sharpen my intuition. I think that I have come to believe that science + intuition may be more powerful than one of them standing alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment