Sunday, July 11, 2010

Psalm 23

I was having many thoughts regarding the present and the future. Unfortunately, at the same time, making comparisons between people.

I thought, how is it that some people are able to get there without putting in so much effort? How is it that some people are in better positions without doing anything challenging or difficult, or at least noticeably so. How is it that people are able to live such good lives without worries, just because they have access to everything that they need?

Then Psalm 23 came in a form of night devotion. God will provide for all things, I shall not want. I shall not want what others have, or where others are. I shall only want God and His presence in my life.

We are running different races ultimately, and there is no such thing as who is faster or slower in this race, for everyone has been entered in a different race. My race happens to be harder than others, while easier than most, if I were to sit down, think, and be gut-wrenching honest with myself.

My race is a race that only I can run and complete. How I will finish is determined by how faithful I am during.

No comments:

Post a Comment